America (West Side Story)

 398. America (West Side Story

C (I) I like to be in A- F (IV) merica C (I) Ok by me in A- G (V) merica

[Eb] Everything free in A- [Bb] merica [Ab] for a small fee in A- C (I) merica

C (I) Buying on credit is so nice one look at us and they G (V) charge twice

d (ii) I have my own washing machine g (v) what will you have though 

to keep clean? C (I) Skyscrapers bloom in A- F (IV) merica 

C (I) Cadillacs zoom in A- G (V) merica [Eb] Industry boom in A- [Bb] merica 

[Ab] twelve in a room in A- C (I) merica C (I) Lots of new housing with 

more space lots of doors slamming in G (V) our face

d (ii) I'll get a terrace apartment g (v) better get rid of your accent

C (I) Life can be bright in A- F (IV) merica C (I) if you can fight in A- G (V) merica

[Eb] Life is alright in A- [Bb] merica [Ab] if you're a white in A- C (I) merica

C (I) Here you are free and you have pride 

As long as you stay on your G (V) own side

d (ii) Free to be anything you choose g (v) free to wipe tables and shine shoes

C (I) Everywhere grime in A- F (IV) merica C (I) organized crime in A- G (V) merica

[Eb] Terrible time in A- [Bb] merica [Ab] you forget I'm in A- C (I) merica

C (I) I think I'd go back to San Juan I know a boat you can G (V) get on

d (ii) Everyone there will give big cheer 

g (v) everyone there will have moved here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnin' Up the Road (8 Seconds)

Man in the Mirror (Glee)

Peaceful, Easy Feeling (The Big Lebowski)