Lyin' Eyes (Urban Cowboy)

 390. Lyin’ Eyes (Urban Cowboy) page 1

Intro: G (I) G7 (I7) C (IV) a (ii) D7 (V7) G (I) 

G (I) City girls just seem to find out C (IV) early 

a (ii) How to open doors with just a D7 (V7)  smile

A G (I) rich old man and she won't have to C (IV) worry 

She'll a (ii) dress up all in lace and go in G (I) style 

G (I) Late at night a big old house gets C (IV) lonely

I guess a (ii) every form of refuge has its D7 (V7) price 

And it G (I) breaks her heart to think her love is C (IV) only 

Given a (ii) to a man with C (IV) hands as cold as G (I) ice

So she G (I) tells him she must go out for the C (IV) evening 

To a (ii) comfort an old friend who's feelin' D7  (V7) down 

But G (I) he knows where she's goin' as she's C (IV) leavin'

She is a (ii) headed for the C (IV) cheatin' side of G (I) town 

Chorus: You can't G (I) hide C (IV) your lyin' G (I) eyes G  (I) C (IV) G (I) 

And your e (vi) smile b (iii is a thin dis- a (ii) guise D (V) I thought by G (I) now 

F/G you'd rea- C (IV) lize A7  (II7) There a (ii) ain't no way to 

D (V) hide your lyin G (I) eyes 

On the G (I) other side of town a boy is C (IV) waiting 

With a (ii) fiery eyes and dreams no one could D7 (V7) steal

390. Lyin’ Eyes (Urban Cowboy) page 2

She G (I) drives on through the night antici- C (IV) pating 

'Cause he a (ii) makes her feel the C (IV) way she used to G (I) feel 

She G (I) rushes to his arms, they fall to- C (IV) gether

She a (ii) whispers that it's only for a- D7 (V7) while 

She G (I) swears that soon she'll be comin' back for- C (IV) ever 

She a (ii) pulls away and C (IV) leaves him with a G (I) smile Chorus

G (I) She gets up and pours herself a C (IV) strong one

And a (ii) stares out at the stars up in the D7 (V7) sky

A- G (I) nother night, it's gonna be a C (IV) long one

She a (ii) draws the shade and C (IV) hangs her head to G (I) cry

She G (I) wonders how it ever got this C (IV) crazy

She a (ii) thinks about a boy she knew in D7 (V7) school

G (I) Did she get tired or did she just get C (IV) lazy?

She's a (ii) so far gone she C (IV) feels just like a G (I) fool

G (I) My oh my, you sure know how to ar- C (IV) range things

You a (ii) set it up so well, so careful- D7 (V7)  ly

Ain't it G (I) funny how your new life didn't C (IV) change things?

You're a (ii) still the same old C (IV) girl you used to G (I) be

Chorus

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnin' Up the Road (8 Seconds)

Man in the Mirror (Glee)

Peaceful, Easy Feeling (The Big Lebowski)