Folsom Prison Blues (Walk the Line)

 392. Folsom Prison Blues (Walk the Line

I G (I) hear the train a comin' It's rollin' 'round the bend,

And I ain't seen the sunshine since, I don't know when

I'm C (IV) stuck in Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' G (I) on

But that D (V) train keeps a-rollin' on down to San An- G (I) tone

When G (I) I was just a baby My Mama told me, "Son

Always be a good boy Don't ever play with guns,"

But I C (IV) shot a man in Reno just to watch him G (I) die

When I D (V) hear that whistle blowin' I hang my head and G (I) cry

I G (I) bet there's rich folks eatin' in a fancy dining car

They're probably drinkin' coffee and smokin' big cigars

But I C (IV) know I had it comin' I know I can't be G (I) free

But those D (V) people keep a-movin' and that's what tortures G (I) me

Well, if they G (I) freed me from this prison If that railroad train was mine

I bet I'd move out over a little farther down the line

C (IV) Far from Folsom Prison that's where I want to G (I) stay

And I'd D (V) let that lonesome whistle blow my blues a- G (I) way


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnin' Up the Road (8 Seconds)

Man in the Mirror (Glee)

Peaceful, Easy Feeling (The Big Lebowski)