Holding Out For a Hero (Footloose)

 142. Holding Out For a Hero (Footloose) page 1

a (i) Where have all the good men gone And G (VII) where are all the gods?

F (VI) Where's the streetwise Hercules to E (V) fight the rising odds?

a (i) Isn't there a white knight u- e (v) pon a fiery steed?

d (iv) Late at night I toss and I turn And I E (V) dream of what I need

I need a a (i) hero I'm holding out for a e (v) hero 'til the end of the night

He's F (VI) gotta be strong And he's gotta be fast

And he's C (III) gotta be fresh from the G (VII) fight

I need a a (i) hero I'm holding out for a e (v) hero 'til the morning light

He's F (VI) gotta be sure And it's gotta be soon 

And he's C (III) gotta be larger than G (VII) life!

Larger than a (i) life a/G F (VI) a (i) E (V) 

a (i) Somewhere after midnight in my G (VII) wildest fantasy

F (VI) Somewhere just beyond my reach

There's E (V) someone reaching back for me

a (i) Racing on the thunder and e (v) rising with the heat

d (iv) It's gonna take a superman to E (V) sweep me off my feet

Chorus x 2

 

 

142. Holding Out For a Hero (Footloose) page 2

a (i) Up where the mountains meet the heavens above

F (VI) Out where the lightning splits the sea

I could d (iv) swear there is someone, E (V) somewhere watching me

a (i) Through the wind, and the chill, and the rain

And the F (VI) storm, and the flood

d (iv) I can feel his approach like a E (V) fire in my blood

Chorus x 3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man in the Mirror (Glee)

Family (Dreamgirls)

Matchmaker, Matchmaker (Fiddler on the Roof)