Burnin' Up the Road (8 Seconds)

 1. Burnin’ Up the Road (8 Seconds) page 1

D (I) I Got a long distance call from Louisiana 

She said, D (I) "oooohwee baby, wanna see my man" 

G (IV) I Can't wait another day I said, 

D (I) "Hold on honey, I'm on my way" 

It's G (IV) 500 miles from D (I) Dallas to New Orleans

Gonna G (IV) let her roll just as fast as she'll go 

D (I) I got a sweet thing waiting for me

G (IV) This time I'll be highway flyin' 

No D (I) way I'm gonna take it G (IV) slow

She's my D (I) heart's desire I can A (V) feel the fire

G (IV) I'm burnin' up the road D (I)  All the way to Baton Rouge 

Well, I'm D (I) smokin' them tires like a crazy fool

1. Burnin’ Up the Road (8 Seconds) page 2

G (IV) Barrelin' down the interstate D (I) Runnin' wild, a temptin' fate 

It's G (IV) 500 miles from D (I) Dallas to New Orleans 

Gonna G (IV) let her roll just as fast as she'll go

D (I) I got a sweet thing waiting for me 

G (IV) This time I'll be highway flyin'

No D (I) way I'm gonna take it G (IV) slow 

She's my D (I) heart's desire I can A (V)  feel the fire 

G (IV) I'm burnin' up the road D (I)

D (I) Engine's overheatin', but I ain't gonna stop

Well she D (I) only lives just a few more blocks 

G (IV) Blood's pumpin' fast, and radiator's hissin' 

 I can D (I) almost feel the huggin' and kissin' (Repeat chorus)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man in the Mirror (Glee)

Family (Dreamgirls)